Meyado's Repatriation Checklist
Often lessons can be learned from a move overseas that was not as organised as you would have liked. Moving back to the UK although familiar, will be no less stressful and daunting.
Follow the steps in our moving CHECKLIST and you can manage your move without upheaval and last minute stresses.
9-12 Months Prior to Repatriation
- Confirm the date of your repatriation (and your family's, if different) with home and host supervisors and HR, then inform colleagues, family, and friends
- Notify HR of any dissatisfaction with vendors used in the initial move and your reluctance to have them assist you again
6-9 Months Prior to Repatriation
- Schedule an exit interview with your host supervisor
- Initiate a preliminary discussion with your home-country supervisor about newly acquired professional skills and how your experience will affect your job at home
- Make a financial plan for your return (consider your out-of-pocket expenses in each location), and keep records of all reimbursable items for expense reports
- Discuss with HR when to stop or reduce host-location salary payments to avoid accumulating host currency you will be unable to spend (and on which you will lose when converting back to home-country currency)
1-6 Months Prior to Repatriation
- Confirm with the property manager that your residence will be ready for occupancy (or consult a home-finding service, if appropriate). If needed, arrange for temporary accommodations in both locations, according to company policy.
- Reserve seats and purchase air tickets for the trip home.
- Arrange to close local bank accounts and transfer funds to your home-country bank, but cancel renters' insurance on current local goods after you repatriate.
- Halt mail forwarding from home and begin mail forwarding from overseas when ready.
Finding the right school for your child can be a daunting challenge. Our schooling consultants take the pressure off parents by supporting you and ensuring your child is happy and settled
When you are ready to discuss your process of coming back to the UK, we are here to talk to you. Our team will work with you to find the right repatriation package for your journey home